Over this past weekend, we went to see a Civil War Reenactment that's about an hour from our house. My dad has gone every year for about 18 years now, and I think I've only been once or twice. I thought it'd fun to do it again and I was right!
![]() |
| They sleep in tents all weekend. I peeked inside one of them. |
![]() |
| A lantern and a Confederate flag. |
![]() |
| A cooking fire pit. |
![]() |
| Enlist now! |
![]() |
| A sign about the Irish brigade. I've got some Irish in me so this was fun to see! |
![]() |
| I just thought the typography on this sign was pretty cool. |
![]() |
| A metalsmith shop. |
![]() |
| Some Yankee soldiers hanging around. |
![]() |
| Getting ready for battle... |
![]() |
| And the battle begins... their guns were loud and made lots of smoke, but didn't have real bullets in them. |
![]() |
| Some of the women-folk and their pretty dresses. |
![]() |
| Soldiers lining up for a picture... |
![]() |
| ... and the guy taking the picture! |
![]() |
| A pretty dress for sale... |
![]() |
| ... and another one. |
![]() |
| And last but not least, we stopped to listen to some Civil War tunes! |
















This is awesome! Seems like something fun to go experience! Loved looking through the pictures xo
ReplyDeleteYeah it really was fun! I don't think I'd want to go every year, but it's definitely a fun experience once in a while. :)
DeleteLooks like fun!! I've always wanted to see one of those :) Where is this?
ReplyDeleteLinda
That would be so fun to see!! Your photos are so neat! The lantern, and the red and white dress! So cool!
ReplyDelete