Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Tornado in Oregon

images via
There was a tornado in Oregon today! About an hour from my house, actually, in Aumsville, Oregon. Freaky!

No, tornados are not common in Oregon. Very, very uncommon actually. The news guys said we rank 45th or lower in the list of states likely to get a tornado. Craziness!!

Fortunately, no serious injuries or deaths have been reported. The tornado touched down around 11:40 am this morning, destroying about a dozen homes and buildings. For the record, I believe Aumsville is a super small town (I've never actually been there), so I think it pretty much destroyed the town. I'm just glad everyone is okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't even try to leave a link in your comment... it will be deleted without warning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...