Friday, March 30, 2012

New design: Zentangle-inspired Art

Wow it's Friday! Wherever has my week gone? Time flies when you're on Spring Break!!

Yesterday I discovered a very fascinating art form called Zentangle. It's basically divvying up shapes into sections and then adding a basic repetitive pattern to each section. You can find out a lot about different pattern options on YouTube, or you can just make up your own!

Here's the first one I did. It took about three hours and was done mostly with fine-tip Sharpie.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks so cool! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I bet you could sell prints like that on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I probably will. I'd like to scan in these larger pages to sell as printable coloring pages and then make some smaller prints to sell as ACEO cards. :)

      Delete
  3. you made that with a Sharpie? wow! just. wow! :o

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen these before but had not idea they were called Zentangle! Well done Jennifer, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks great!! Very interesting patterns.

    xo, gina

    anythingimaginableblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't even try to leave a link in your comment... it will be deleted without warning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...