Saturday, September 1, 2012

Improve your SEO with this one very easy trick!

Oooh I just discovered an awesome SEO tip - make sure your outbound links open in a new tab, rather in the same one. If Google sees people clicking away from your blog a lot, you lose SEO points. But if a click opens in a new tab, the window with your blog in it stays open longer, thereby improving your SEO. Fortunately this is a really easy thing to implement!

How I did this on Blogger...

1. Go into your Template page and choose the option to Edit HTML.

2. Find where it says <head> at the beginning.

3. Directly below that, put in this code:
<base target='_new' />

4. Now whenever you click on any outbound link on your blog (a link that links to somewhere besides your own site) and it'll automatically open in another tab!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! THANK YOU FOR THIS! I'll have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND, I hate when I'm on someones blog, and I click the link and lose their page. Then I have to go back to it to finish reading, instead of being able to toggle back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tip! I just added it to my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Don't even try to leave a link in your comment... it will be deleted without warning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...