Monday, July 9, 2012

Photography: Civil War Reenactment

Over this past weekend, we went to see a Civil War Reenactment that's about an hour from our house. My dad has gone every year for about 18 years now, and I think I've only been once or twice. I thought it'd fun to do it again and I was right!

They sleep in tents all weekend. I peeked inside one of them.

A lantern and a Confederate flag.

A cooking fire pit.

Enlist now!

A sign about the Irish brigade. I've got some Irish in me so this was fun to see!

I just thought the typography on this sign was pretty cool.

A metalsmith shop.

Some Yankee soldiers hanging around.

Getting ready for battle...

And the battle begins... their guns were loud and made lots of smoke, but didn't have real bullets in them.

Some of the women-folk and their pretty dresses.

Soldiers lining up for a picture...

... and the guy taking the picture!

A pretty dress for sale...

... and another one.

And last but not least, we stopped to listen to some Civil War tunes!

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Seems like something fun to go experience! Loved looking through the pictures xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really was fun! I don't think I'd want to go every year, but it's definitely a fun experience once in a while. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like fun!! I've always wanted to see one of those :) Where is this?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be so fun to see!! Your photos are so neat! The lantern, and the red and white dress! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Don't even try to leave a link in your comment... it will be deleted without warning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...