Sidenote --> Some of these are inspired by the concept of an "artist's date", which I thought I'd blogged about before, but I guess I haven't. The basic idea is to take your creative self on a date, so to speak ($5 or less!). No one else is allowed to join you. Just go somewhere that will inspire you, refresh you, or otherwise caters to your whimsical, childlike sense of fun. Basically it's a great way to keep yourself inspired and in touch with your creative side and can also help with any creative blocks you might be having!
1. Visit a museum or art exhibit.
2. Go to the free summer movies that are starting up in July (even if I have to go alone!).
3. Get some stickers & colored paper from the Dollar Store & make something with them.
4. Walk down to the lake at least once a week.
5. Finish 4 books.
6. Sleep outside under the stars (of course, this requires that it actually stops raining!).
7. Visit the local farmer's market.
8. Watch 4 movies from my birth year (1979!).
9. Start brainstorming Christmas card designs.
10. Work on a YouTube tutorial about using a Wacom tablet.
11. Browse through a used bookstore.
12. Knit 10 hats for my knitting shop.
13. Get 5 more template designs and 10 more Etsy banner designs into my design shop.
14. Try again to get a really good star trails photo.
Do you take artist's dates? Where do you go? What do you do?